Active 1: I’ve watched and enjoyed Olivier Lallart’s PD (Fag in English) a couple times now, and although I still think it’s a bit didactic in spots and the narrative turns are a bit rote — coming out on the dancefloor at prom being a common trope in gay movies, like riding double on mopeds or motorcycles — there are elements that can’t be denied.
- The power and authenticity of the lead performances, from Paul Gomerieux and Jacques Lepesqueur as Thomas and Esteban, respectively
- The cohesive and focused narrative flow and direction
- Similarly, the intimate and accomplished camerawork, almost always handheld, especially in close-ups
- The cinematic aspect ratio, which helps contribute to the feeling of having watched a complete feature, rather than just a short
- The overall sincerity of the project
However, I didn’t expect to become emotional while watching the making-of video, which I have also included below. In it, we see the cost of those powerful performances on the actors and their admirable, moving commitment to their characters’ journeys, as well as their rapport with Lallart. Unlike most behind-the-scenes shorts, this one is a must-see.
Both videos are in French with English subtitles. Additional subtitles are available on YouTube.
Join the Cinesexuals
For updates and bonus movies, join The Cinesexuals Channel on Telegram.
Meet like-minded folks. Share files and sites.
Members can make requests.
Anyone who joins the channel will gain limited access to the Free Gay Movies collection, no questions asked. But you have to introduce yourself! Even if you don’t speak English.
Join Amazon Prime – Watch Thousands of Movies & TV Shows Anytime – Start Free Trial Now [#commissionsearned]